Saturday, November 9, 2013

Engagement.

I've thought about this way to much. Obviously, since I'm a girl. I told Nicholas I wouldn't live with him until we were engaged. And now it's just the waiting game until he asks me. The problem is, I want it to be perfect. This is a story I'll be telling over & over & over again. I want everything to be amazing! First thing is date. One thing I know, I definitely don't want it to be on Valentines Day. Even though me & Nick do have a cute kind of past story about Valentines Day. I think proposals on Valentines Day are way to obvious, and way to cliche. I think I would actually really like a Christmas Day proposal. I can't imagine what present Nick would get me. I have absolutely everything I could ever want or need. I know I'm like my mom and I'm probably one of the worst people to get presents for, because anytime I want or need anything... I get it for myself. But then just a random day would be cute too. I would want it planned and cute, but not so planned that I knew exactly what was going to happen. I don't want to know it's coming. I want to be blind sided. I want to be surprised. I think the biggest thing is what he says. It has to be so heart felt. It has to be amazing. It has to take my breath away. Nick is a song writer, a lyrical genius. I expect so much more from him then I would from someone else. One of the most amazing proposals, well two of the most amazing proposals are from Pride & Prejudice.



" I have struggled in vain and I can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings with the single object of seeing you, I had to see you. I have fought against my judgement, my families expectations, the inferiority of birth, my rank and circumstances. And all these things I am willing to put aside and ask you to end my agony. I love you. Most ardently. Please do me the honor of accepting my hand."





" You must know, surely you must know it was all for you. You are too generous to trifle with me, you spoke with my aunt last night and it has taught me to hope... which I have scarcely allowed myself before. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes have not changed. But one word from you will silence me forever.... If however, your feelings have changed. I will have to tell you, you have bewitched body and soul. and i love, i love, i love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on."



Wow. So amazing. I got goosebumps. I want something so amazing and poetic like this. If only my life was a movie and I could always have perfect amazing piano back round music. Anyways, next important. Is the ring. The ring MUST be perfect. Of course I've been looking on pinterest. And found some great ones. I think my favorite one EVER is this.




http://www.pinterest.com/shannybabe7/engagement-rings/

Here's a link to all the rings I've pinned that I like :) I'm a fan of a small basic (or vintage detailing) band. and a big rock :) I really hope Nick stalks my blog, or asks my friend, or something before buying me a ring. I go with the Sex & The City phrase. Wrong ring, wrong guy.

1 comment:

  1. When Kevin proposed to me he bought my ring in November & didn't propose until APRIL.. like holy long wait. But when he finally did.. it was perfect on the beach at sunset.. so not him at all. He barely said anything because he didn't want to cry.. haha when your man finally does propose it will be perfect & you'll love it just don't get your hopes up cause they always have their own cute way to do things. :)

    ReplyDelete